Analysis of Death and Injuries Resulting from Explosions (DIRE) for providing personnel protection is the state-of-the-art in explosive consequence assessment software.
DIRE is for:
- Federal, State, and Local government officials wanting to assess consequences and vulnerabilities they may have from potential terrorist actions or other explosive events.
- Bank officials wanting to determine if a company’s building is a good loan risk due to vulnerabilities in building construction.
- Architects and building contractors interested in minimizing building damage and human injury due to explosions.
- Insurance officials setting insurance rates for companies whose buildings may be threatened by terrorist action or other explosive events.
DIRE uses state-of-the-art consequence modeling. This modeling is based on more than FIVE years of background work with various military branches to determine the optimal location of explosive facilities to ensure that if an accident occurs, minimal loss of life and damage to other buildings occurs.
Key features include:
- Extremely user-friendly Windows-based user interface which allows for easy and quick data entry
- Ability to model many different types of target buildings, including multi-story office buildings, houses , trailers, and vehicles
- Easy-to-interpret output results which are displayed in terms of fatalities, major injuries, minor injuries, building damage and glass breakage
- Ability to vary factors of distance, explosive quantity, percent glass and number of people from the output screen to quickly see results while evaluating many possible situations
- Ability to view output in terms of distance or number of stories in the target building
DIRE is fully compatible with Windows 2000, XP, 98, and NT operating systems and does not rely on any other third-party software.