Our staff members prepare papers and reports for presentation at various technical conferences. Below are selected papers that APT personnel have authored.
All APT Papers are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to be viewed.
Adobe Reader is a free download from adobe.com.
- T-19-00700 Probabilistic Risk Assessment
- T-12-00500 Understanding and Applying Total System Risk Summing
- T-09-01400 ART – APT Risk Management Tool for Performing Risk Assessments
- T-08-00600 A Risk Management Concept Combining The Disciplines of System Safety, Range Safety, and Explosives Safety
- T-08-01100 Road Signs In Risk Space
Range and Missile Flight Safety
- TP-01-02 Accepting Necessary Risk – A Case Study Demonstrating the Application of Risk Acceptance Principles
- TP-01-04 Using the RCC 8-Step Process to Perform Quantitative Risk Assessments on Reusable Launch Vehicles (X-34)
- TP-01-05 Prediction of the Probability of an Event by the Comparative Experience Method
- T-09-01900 Investigating the SAFER/SciPan Kinetic Energy/Mass Bin Concept
- T-07-01600 A New Tool for Managing Risk Associated with Commercial Explosives Operations
- TP-01-01 Criteria Selection for Risk Based Explosive Safety Standards
- TP-00-01 Status of the Risk-Based Explosives Safety Criteria Team
- TP-00-02 Risk-Based Explosives Safety Modeling
- TP-00-03 Comparison of International QRA models on the basis of the “Setup and Results of The Joint UK/Australian 40 tonne Donor/Acceptor Trial
- TP-99-01 Governing Safety With Risk-Based Methods
General System Safety
- T-08-01200 Finding all the Hazards: How do we know we’re done?
- T-07-00700 Defining a “Safety Center of Excellence”
- T-07-00500 Some Common Errors in Analysis: Independent Reviews Uncover Flaws
- T-07-00400 Economy-Based Countermeasure Decisions— Tutorial Guidance for System Safety Engineers
- System Safety Performance Level Model
- T-05-00900 Summing Risk – An International Workshop and Its Results
- T-04-00100 The Five What’s of System Safety
- T-04-00200 A Comparison of QRA Methods used by DOD for Explosives and Range Safety with Methods used by NRC and EPA
- T-04-00300 Unmanned Vehicle Safety: 10 Commandments to Live By
- T-04-00600 Universal Risk Scales – A Tool for Developing Risk Criteria by Consensus
- T-04-01200 The RAC Matrix: A Universal Tool or a Toolkit?
- TP-01-03 Definition and Verification of Critical Safety Functions in Software
- TP-01-06 Pascal and the Risk Assessment Code (RAC) Matrix
Industrial and Quality Engineering
- TP-01-07 An Automated Solver to Determine ML Estimates for the AMSAA Discrete Reliability Growth Model
- TP-00-04 Simulation Optimization Research: Transition Methods for a Two-Phased Strategy